Monday, January 1, 2007

Coming to the workshop

My dad taught wood shop for many years. Whether I would help him in his workshop at home or come with him out to his school workshop, it was always fun. I loved seeing how things were put together. Although my family was a family of carpenters in the "old country", I did not inherit the talent with putting together things with wood. I found my outlet for such things first in electronics, then computers, and finally music.

With this blog I want to return to the workshop. My workshop is for writing music. I have always found that the craftsman approach to writing compositions works best for me. This is a place for talking about ideas out loud and shooting the breeze with whoever happens by and asks "what's that you're building?"

No comments: